Seniors Foursomes Knock-Out, Rules & Conditions
1. Open to all male members of the L&RGU who have attained the age of 60 on the 1st January in the current year of the tournament.
2. Entry to the tournament shall be as follows, each club affiliated to the L&RGU will nominate a team of two players. The club should use the following criteria to select their players.
a. Winners of a seniors Winter/Spring competition.
b. Current holders of a senior’s match play or stroke play competition.
c. Nominations from the clubs senior section.
3. Substitutes will be allowed if required, but not during a match. The Match Secretary must be informed by email of any substitutes used (include contact details of substitute)
4. The prize for the winners and runners up will be divided equally between the players who have represented each club
5. Entries together with entry fee must be in the possession of the L&RGU Hon. Match Secretary by the closing date.
6. Each round of the Tournament shall be played as one foursomes match and by the date directed by the Leicestershire & Rutland Golf Union. In the event of a match not being played by the play by date both teams may be disqualified.
It is the joint responsibility of both teams in each round of the draw to arrange a mutually agreeable date and time to play the match. It must also be acceptable to the host club, who shall grant courtesy of the course for the purpose of the match
7. A player may only represent one club throughout the period of the Tournament.
8. Matches will be played from the yellow tees.
9. The handicap limit will be 28 (Must be a competition handicap as defined by CONGU)
10. The format will be foursomes match play. The handicap allowance will be half of the difference of the combined handicaps of either side.
11. All matches will be decided over a stipulated 18 holes.
12. Each match shall be played on the course of the pair at the top of the draw. The Semi Finals will be played on a neutral course as directed by the Leicestershire & Rutland Golf Union. The Final will be played on the afternoon session of the Mixed and Under 35s Knock out Finals.
13. In the event of a tie, the match shall be resolved by sudden death with strokes taken as per the original match. The extra holes are a continuation of the stipulated round.
14. The winning pair shall communicate the result of each round within 48 hours of it being known to the Hon. Match Secretary. An up to date list of results will be published on the L&RGU website.
15. By entering this tournament, you agree to The Leicestershire & Rutland Golf Union General Rules and Tournament Conditions.
Updated 31st January 2018