L&RGU General Rules Relating to All Tournaments
1. All tournaments shall be played in accordance with the R&A Rules of Golf, and any supplementary local rules issued by the Leicestershire & Rutland Golf Union on the day of any tournament. All tournaments will comply with England Golf WHS Rules.
2. (a) All entries should be made on the appropriate official entry form or online and must be received by the Director of Tournaments on or before the stipulated closing date for entries.
(b) All such entries must be accompanied by the stipulated entry fee.
(c) No entry fee will be refunded after the closing date for entries except:
1. An entrant that is balloted out.
2. The tournament is cancelled or postponed.
(d) All entries shall be subject to the approval of the Leicestershire & Rutland Golf Union which reserves the right to accept or refuse any entry without giving reason for its decision.
(e) In all Tournaments except Scratch League, Seniors Scratch Knock Out and U35s Scratch Knock-Out a player must have a World Handicap System (WHS) Handicap Index (HI). Exeception for professionals playing in the Pro-Am Foursomes.
See Appendix A for entry & use limits.
3. The Leicestershire & Rutland Golf Union reserves the right to set starting times and alter them as required. Any player who is not present and ready to play at their allocated starting point on time, Rule 5.3a applies (Rules of Golf)
4. If it becomes impossible to complete a tournament in accordance with the Terms of Competition due to exceptional circumstances which in the opinion of the Leicestershire & Rutland Golf Union make it impossible or impractical to do so, the Leicestershire & Rutland Golf Union shall be empowered to vary such Conditions to the extent necessary to achieve a result within the time available.
5. Tournaments will only be open to male members of clubs affiliated to the Leicestershire & Rutland Golf Union, the exceptions are.
(a) The Leicestershire Fox (Midland Order of Merit Event) players must be members of a club affiliated to a county union
(b) The John Cheatle Foursomes which is by invitation from the Leicestershire & Rutland Golf Union President. Open to males, including juniors, being members of a golf club affiliated to any golf union; at least one playing member in the group must be a member of a golf club affiliated to the Leicestershire & Rutland Golf Union (Except invites to Anglian League and MGU Counties and the main county sponsor, all must be members of clubs affiliated to a county union).
(c) Females playing in the Inter Club Mixed Foursomes, Jackson Trophies, Under 35s Knock-Out and League, Girls in the Schools Championship, Junior League and Junior Order of Merit. They must be members of a club affiliated to the L&RLCGA. (Female Professionals who may play in the Inter-Club Pro-Am Foursomes)
(d) Except in Pro-Am Foursomes, all players must hold amateur status as defined by the R&A.
6. Transportation. It will be a condition of any tournament organised by the Leicestershire & Rutland Golf Union that players must always walk during a round, unless authorised by an L&RGU official. Players must be given permission to use a golf buggy by the Director of Tournaments before the closing date for entries into the tournament, in accordance with the England Golf Transportation Policy. The L&RGU will not observe Rule 7.0 of EG Transportation Policy/Self Certification
7. All disputes shall be resolved by a panel of three Officers of the Leicestershire & Rutland Golf Union, and not withstanding an administrative error, their decision will be final.
8. The requirements of the host club regarding Health and Safety, dress code and general discipline must be strictly observed by players, caddies and supporters at all times.
N.B. These rules apply to all tournaments organised by the Leicestershire & Rutland Golf Union, without exception.
Updated Jan 2024