The Leicestershire & Rutland Golf Union runs a competition each year specifically for Secretaries, Golf Club Managers, Union Officials and Handicap & Competition Chairs from member clubs. This competition is an 18 hole strokeplay event with the winner receiving the Gardiner Cup.
Paul Bumpus (Beedles Lake) won the 2019 Gardiner Cup at Rothley Park with a nett 71 L/R from John Hardwick (Rothley Park) and Kevin Whititfield-Green (Burnham & Berrow) who also had a 71.
The format is 18 holes Stroke play and the handicap limit is 28. The entry fee of £15:00 includes an evening meal. The tee will be reserved between 3:00pm and 5:00pm. Play shall be off white tee’s and it will be a qualifying event for handicapping purposes
The Gardiner Cup is open to:
- Secretaries & Golf Club Managers of clubs affiliated to the L&RGU and the following:
- Current & Past Officers /Officials of L&RGU
- Officers & Officials of the L&R Golf Alliance
- Officers & Officials of the Society of L&R Golf Captains
- Past winners of the tournament
- Competition and Handicap Chairman of clubs in the L&RGU