The Leicestershire & Rutland Golf Union General Rules Relating to All Tournaments
1. All tournaments shall be played in accordance with the Rules of Golf as defined by the Royal & Ancient Golf Club of St Andrews, and any supplementary local rules issued by the L&RGU on the day of any tournament.
2. (a) All entries must be made on the appropriate official entry form or online and must be received by the Hon. Match Secretary on or before the stipulated closing date for entries.
(b) All such entries must be accompanied by the stipulated entry fee.
(c) No entry fee will be refunded after the closing date for entries except for any entrant who may be balloted out and who does not subsequently play.
(d) All entries shall be subject to the approval of the Leicestershire & Rutland Golf Union which reserves the right to accept or refuse any entry without giving reason for its decision, which shall be final.
(e) In all Tournaments except Scratch League and U35s Scratch Knock-Out a player’s handicap must be “Competition” as defined by CONGU.
3. The Leicestershire & Rutland Golf Union reserves the right to set starting times and alter them as required. Any competitor who is not present and ready to play at their allocated starting point on time, Rule 6.3 Rules of Golf applies.
4. If it becomes impossible to complete a tournament in accordance with the Tournament Conditions due to exceptional circumstances which in the opinion of the Leicestershire & Rutland Golf Union make it impossible or impractical to do ss. The Leicestershire & Rutland Golf Union shall be empowered to vary such Conditions to the extent necessary to achieve a result within the time available.
5. Tournaments will only be open to male members of clubs belonging to the Leicestershire & Rutland Golf Union, the exceptions are
(a) The Leicestershire Fox (Midland Order of Merit Event)
(b) The John Cheatle Foursomes which is by invitation from the Leicestershire & Rutland Golf Union President. Open to gentlemen, including juniors, being members of a golf club affiliated to any golf union; at least one playing member in the group must be a member of a golf club affiliated to the L&RGU (Except invites to Anglian League and MGU Counties).
(c) The County Open where Professionals (Male or Female) may enter provided they meet one of the following criteria
(ci) They are attached to an affiliated club of the Leicestershire & Rutland Golf Union.
(cii) They are members of the Leicestershire PGA.
(ciii) They are sponsored by a Leicestershire & Rutland based business.
(d) Ladies playing in the Inter Club Mixed Foursomes, Jackson Trophies, Under 35s League or Scratch Knock-Out. (Includes Lady Professionals who may play in the Inter-Club Pro-Am Foursomes)
(e) Except as provided otherwise in certain competitions(County Open and Pro-Am Foursomes) all players must hold amateur status as defined by the Royal & Ancient Golf Club of St Andrews.
6. Transportation. It shall be a condition of any tournament organised by the L&RGU that players must walk at all times during a stipulated round, unless prior permission has been granted to use a golf buggy by the Hon. Match Secretary in accordance with the England Golf Transportation Policy.
7. All disputes except the Inter Club Pro-Am Foursomes shall be resolved by a panel of three officials of the Leicestershire & Rutland Golf Union, and their decision shall be final.
8. The requirements of the host Club regarding dress and general discipline must be strictly observed by players, caddies and supporters.
N.B. These rules apply to all tournaments organised by the Leicestershire & Rutland Golf Union, without exception
Updated 31st January 2017