Seniors Foursomes Knock-Out, Rules & Conditions
1. Open to all male members of the L&RGU who have attained the age of 60 on the 1st January in current year of the tournament.
2. Entry to the tournament shall be as follows, each club affiliated to the L&RGU will nominate two players to play in the knock-out stages.The club should use the following criteria to select their players.
a. Winners of a seniors Winter/Spring competition.
b. Current holders of a senior’s match play or stroke play competition.
c. Nominations from the clubs senior section.
3. Entries together with entry fee must be in the possession of the L&RGU Hon. Match Secretary by the closing date.
4. The draw will be published on the L&RGU website and a copy will be sent to clubs.
5. Each round of the Tournament shall be played by the date directed by the Leicestershire & Rutland Golf Union. In the event of a match not being played both teams will be disqualified.
It is the joint responsibility of both pairs in each round of the draw to arrange a mutually agreeable date and time to play the match. It must also be acceptable to the host club, who shall grant courtesy of the course for the purpose of the match.
6. A team shall consist of two players.
7. A player may only represent one club throughout the period of the Tournament.
8. Substitutes are not allowed.
9. Matches shall be played from the yellow tees.
10. The handicap limit shall be 28. (Must be a competition handicap as defined by CONGU)
11. The handicap allowance shall be half of the difference of the combined handicaps of either side.
12. Each round up to and including the Semi Finals and Final shall be decided over 18 holes.
13. Each match shall be played on the course of the pair at the top of the draw. The Final will be played on the afternoon session of the Inter Club Mixed and Under 35s Knock-Out Finals on Sunday 10th September 2017. Players must be available to play on this date as the Final date will not be changed.
14. In the event of a tie, the match shall be resolved by sudden death with strokes taken as per the original match.
15. The winning pair shall communicate the result of each round within 48 hours of it being known to the Hon. Match Secretary. An up to date list of results will be published on the L&RGU website.
16. By entering this tournament you agree to The Leicestershire & Rutland Golf Union General Rules and Tournament Conditions. These can be found on the website www.lrgu.co.uk
Updated 31st January 2017