Pro-Am Foursomes Tournament Conditions
1. The Tournament shall be Foursomes Match Play off handicap.
2. The Tournament shall be open to Clubs affiliated to the Leicestershire & Rutland Golf Union.
3. A team shall consist of two players, an Amateur and a Professional or Assistant Professional. The Amateur shall be a playing member of the club from which he is entered. The Professional or Assistant Professional must be a member of the Leicestershire & Rutland Professional Golfers Association and be attached to the same Club.
4. A player may only represent one Club throughout the period of the Tournament.
5. Throughout the Tournament, but not during the course of a match, a substitution may be made for the Amateur. Should a Club enter more than one team a member of a losing/winning team may not be substituted into another team.
6. All matches shall commence from the first tee and be played off the longest measured course available; Lady Professionals shall play from the yellow tees. The "teeing ground" is the starting place for the hole to be played. It is a rectangular area two club-lengths in depth, the front and the sides of which are defined by the outside limits of two tee-markers. A ball is outside the teeing ground when all of it lies outside the teeing ground.
7. The handicap limit for Amateurs shall be (12) which must be “Competition” as defined by CONGU; Professionals and Assistant Professionals shall play off scratch.
8. The handicap allowance shall be half of the difference between the amateur players from either side.
9. Each round up to and including the Semi-Finals shall be decided over 18 holes. The Final shall be decided over 2 sets of 18 holes.
10. Each match shall be played on the course of the Club first drawn, except the Semi-Finals and Final which shall be played on a neutral course as directed by the Leicestershire & Rutland Golf Union.
11. In the event of a tie, the match shall be resolved by a sudden death playoff with strokes taken as per the original match.
12. In the event of exceptional circumstances making it impossible to complete, the match may, by mutual agreement of the Teams, be suspended. The Hon. Match Secretary must be advised accordingly within 24 hours. It must be restarted at the point from which it was suspended on the date and time agreed by the teams or in the absence of such agreement as directed by the Leicestershire and Rutland Golf Union, but in either case within ten days of the date originally agreed for that match.
13. Each round of the Tournament shall be played by the date directed by the Leicestershire & Rutland Golf Union. In the event of a match not being played both teams will be disqualified. Both professionals have equal responsibility in arranging a mutually convenient date and time to play the match.
14. Teams must be declared at least 10 minutes before the start time in playing order. After such time, except in exceptional circumstances, no alterations shall be permitted.
15. After the Semi-Finals should a Professional or Assistant Professional leave his Club or the district in circumstances acceptable to the Leicestershire & Rutland Golf Union they may be invited to play in the Final.
16. The winning Club shall communicate the result of each round within 48 hours of being known to the Honorary Match Secretary.
17. Entries together with fees must be in the possession of the Honorary Match Secretary in accordance with the directions on the entry form.
18. A breach of these conditions may lead to disqualification.
N.B. 75% of the entry fees shall be available for the Professional’s or Assistant Professional’s prizes as follows: Winner 2/3rds. (Two thirds), Runner-up 1/3rd. (one third)
N.B. Each Club shall be responsible for the ordering and payment of any meals required for their players, caddies, officials and supporters. Caterers are to invoice each club for meals taken by that club.
N.B. Should any disputes arise, they will be resolved by a panel of three who shall be appointed by the Honorary Match Secretary, and one of these will be a representative from the L&RPGA
Updated 31st January 2017